domingo, 3 de mayo de 2009

Holy smoke

Uno de mis discos favoritos, "No prayer for the dying" Lanzado el 01 de octubre de 1990, con Janick Gers en una de las hachas.

Tiempos aquellos cuando uno se "chitaba" del cole. :)



HOLY SMOKE
(Dickinson/Smith)

Believe in me - send no money,
I died on the cross, that ain't funny;
But my so called friends they're making me a joke,
They missed out what I said like I never spoke.

They choose what they wanna hear - don't tell a lie
They just leave out the truth, as they're watching you die.
Saving your souls by taking your money,
Flies around shit, bees around honey.

(chorus)

Holy Smoke, Holy Smoke, plenty bad preachers for
The Devil to stoke.
Feed'em in feet first, this is no joke;
This is thirsty work, making Holy Smoke.
Making Holy Smoke.

Jimmy Reptile and all his friends
Say they're gonna be with you at the end;
Burning records, burning books,
Holy soldiers, Nazi looks;
Crocodile smiles, just wait a while,
'til the TV queen gets her make-up clean.
I've lived in filth, I've lived in sin,
And I still smell cleaner than the shit you're in.

(repeat chorus)

Holy Smoke - smells good!

They ain't religious, but they ain't no fools,
When Noah built his Cadillac, it was cool.
Two by two they're still going down,
And the satellite circus just left town.
I think they're strange and when they're dead
They can have a Lincoln for their bed,
Friend of the president, trick of the tail,
Now they ain't got a prayer 100 years in jail.

(repeat chorus)

Holy Smoke - hah...

No hay comentarios: